Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Exquisite Hearts
Students collaborated to make these unique, detailed hearts from construction paper and oil pastels.


Sample student work from Mrs. Sawyer's Class
Here's the process -
Step 1:
Fold paper hamburger style and cut half a heart along the folded edge.
Step 2:
Color one half of the heart with a beautiful pattern or design.
Step 3:
With your heart still folded, pass it to your partner. Don't let them see the side you colored! (It's part of the fun!) Let your partner color the other half.
Step 4:
Open up your EXQUISITE HEART and see how it turned out!
Maybe you can try making one with a friend or parent for Valentine's day!

*On display now in the hallway across from the nurse's office!

3 comments:

Patty Palmer said...

Hey!
Thanks for visiting my Blog. I love yours. It's so great knowing other other teachers are blogging. If it's okay with you, I'd love to add your blog to my list.
BTW, the friendship hearts are terrific!

Katie Gonzalez said...

thanks so much, and yes I would love for you to add my blog to the list!

Dimitra Andritsiou said...

Hi! I'm from Greece and I just started blogging in this site (although I started it a year ago). I was browsing when I came across your blog! Wow! I'm amazed! Bravo! You're doing a fantastic job with the children and everything.
The hearts are my favorite!! Everything is beautiful. I love painting, but I'm just an amateur!